We’ve been messing with a bunch of recipes lately since I’ve not been happy with a lot of the store bought varieties available to the monsters. This time around, we did a simple recipe that we found on Pintrest and modified it for our dogs and their allergies.
This recipe is fairly simple, inexpensive and easy to do and only takes a short time to make so you can stock pile yummies for your dog and still have time to get that long walk in with your dog in the same day. We had a triple batch done in about forty five minutes – including prep time. And they were also a major hit with the monsters.
Are you ready for the recipe? Here goes!
- 1/2 cup sugar-free Apple Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 cup Oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour (we substituted for rice flour)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Once dough is well mixed roll dough into 1/2 inch balls and place them onto the prepared baking sheet. Press down on the tops to flatten.
- Place on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.
This recipe makes around 1 to 2 dozen rounds. We actually tripled everything so that we could make more for the monsters. This recipe is also vegetarian and originally found on Doggy Woofs. Enjoy!